eCommerce Door and Cabinet Hardware Sales
Profitable Home-Based Business
Asking Price: $35,000
Home based, ecommerce model with no inventory presents an opportunity to own a low overhead, turn-key business with growth potential. May be relocated, and since the business is internet based, it may be run from anywhere.
Established in 2012, this profitable ecommerce business offers high quality hardware for doors, cabinets, baths etc. to commercial and residential customers across the US. An automated website allows orders to be placed online. The company caters to contractors, homebuilders and property managers and inquiries for larger orders may be submitted for an estimate before purchasing. Products are shipped directly to customers from the manufacturer or distributor, so there is no inventory.
Top-brand name products include:
- Door hardware – handlesets, knobs, levers, deadbolts and a full line of door accessories
- Cabinet hardware
- Bath hardware
- Commercial grade door hardware
- Smart locks
- Other accessories
Assets include: Business name, office phone number, website and social media presence will transfer with the business; list of 4000+ customers dating back to 2012; supplier relationships that will be transitioned to new owner. Owner would assume hosting and maintenance of ecommerce website. There are no debts to be assumed.
30 days of training and support for a smooth transition, and available for specific questions for a longer period. Owner will facilitate introductions to customers and suppliers.
The owner has maintained revenues through with established customers and new customers in this niche business. Competitive pricing is maintained due to no requirement of inventory and low overhead. Additional opportunities to consider:
- The company has a well-developed website. Social media sites - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest are set up with some content, and these have not been used consistently. There is opportunity for increased marketing/advertising to increase business exposure and grow the customer base.- online marketing, direct mail; promotions or email/direct mail campaigns to database of 4000+ customers.
- Develop relationships with additional contractors, homebuilders, and property managers
- Add complementary products to offer to customers
The business owner is active in day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include:
- Overall business management, business strategy and decision-making
- Maintain customer and supplier relationships
- Making sure orders are fulfilled
- Facilitates customer service issues as needed with customers and manufacturers
- Billing and receiving payment from customers and paying suppliers
- Managing business marketing and growth strategies
Reason for Selling:
Focus on other priorities.